Weather Weather Safety Tips
When temperatures drop, it's important to remember these #propane safety tips. For more information, go to propane.com.Posted by Propane Education & Research Council on Friday, January 5, 2018
If there’s one thing everyone wants to do in winter, it’s stay warm while saving money. Propane is a great way to do just that. Propane is your most reliable way to stay warm during inclement winter weather.
But, even propane requires extra precautions when Old Man Winter strikes. These tips can help you stay safe and warm all winter long.
- Let your propane tank run empty. See the video above to make sure you know how to read your gauge. (Automatic Delivery customers — we monitor the tank for you so you’ll never have to worry about running out!)
- Remove ice from your regulator by hitting or kicking it.
- Heat your home with a grill or stove.
- Shovel snow off roofs and onto propane equipment.
- Use a portable generator (gasoline, diesel, or propane) indoors or in enclosed areas.
- Keep your tank at least 30 percent full.
- Keep the path to your tank clear and visible with the tank staked brightly in deep snow.
- Keep vents clear and in working order.
- Tell Ludwig Propane right away if you run out of propane or have to turn off your system so that a safety check can be performed.